NGO/DPI RESOURCE CENTRE / UPDATE
Located in the Public Concourseof theGeneral Assembly Building, Room GA-1B37 the NGO DPI Resource Centre provides service to representatives from almost 1400NGOs associated with DPI. After extensive renovations last year, the Resource Centre is now housed in an attractively decorated space with new office furniture where NGOs have increased opportunities to connect with representatives from other NGOs, as well as DPI staff members.
Located in the Public Concourse of the General Assembly Building, Room GA-1B37 the NGO DPI Resource Centre provides service to representatives from almost 1400 NGOs associated with DPI. After extensive renovations last year, the Resource Centre is now housed in an attractively decorated space with new office furniture where NGOs have increased opportunities to connect with representatives from other NGOs, as well as DPI staff members.
Some of the services provided by the Resource Centre include:
- a digital library with access to almost all the electronic versions of UN documents.
- a conference area for up to 15 people that can be booked with two day advance notice by NGO’s for small meetings,
- computers with Internet access available for the use of NGO representatives.
- a large collection of publications (print and electronic format) from the UN system,
- current United Nations materials and publications such as copies of the latest DPI/NGO briefing calendar, UN Daily Journal, UN Spokesman’s Daily Highlights Key messages from the UN-Secretary-General, the President of the General Assembly or other UN heads of agencies,
- invitations/ announcements for: activities relevant to the work of the NGO community,
- guest passes for: the DPI/NGO Thursday Briefings, when necessary,
- tickets for DPI NGOs to the annual General Debate of the UN General Assembly and other events sponsored by DPI and Member States.
The small, but dedicated, DPI Resource Centre staff members are prepared to assist NGOs with any issue including:
- troubleshooting the process of Annual Reviews for DPI NGOs,
- reserving the Resource Center conference room for small NGO meetings,
- helping with the registration process for the annual UN DPI/NGO Conference.
The Resource Centre hours are
|Closed for lunch from 13:30-14:30|
|Fridays||09:30-13:00||Resource Centre closes early on Fridays.|
To reserve the conference room for a small meeting, please call 212-963-7232/7233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours before the scheduled meeting.
We hope that you will be able to make use of the DPI NGO “home away from home” in the DPI Resource Centre!
Elaine Congress, Executive Committee
Subcommittee Chair for Resource Centre